Who We Are
Founded nearly 30 years ago, Systems Solution, Inc. (SSI) is a growing and trusted resource for professional IT support and market-leading cloud technologies. We are tenacious in our desire to solve technical challenges. We embrace our passion for information technology and we strive to deliver the highest level of customer satisfaction and professionalism in our work. Our strong marketplace reputation is based on our dedication to our clients – defining, producing and delivering greater value to our clients by responding to their changing needs with the most innovative solutions and the fastest responses.
What We Value
We work as a high-performance team communicating freely and sharing ideas with our colleagues in all parts of the organization. We respect each other as technology experts, engineers and people. We listen and value diverse points of view as they enable us to broaden our thinking and problem-solving abilities. We demonstrate a strong awareness of our own behaviors and their impact on others. We are honest, open, and informal, and we try to make work fun while recognizing the seriousness of our work.
What We Are Looking For
We are interested in hiring a Systems Engineer to work as a member of our Service Delivery Team. This person will work daily with a designated Service Delivery Manager providing operational support, remediation, and enhancements for our most valued clients. In addition, the successful candidate will be capable of working independently on small scale projects in addition to identifying and acting upon IT best practices.
What You Will Be Doing
- Manage account provisioning and deprovisioning through a Hybrid Azure Active Directory environment
- Represent IT in new service request meetings and create justification documents for new services
- Ensure the documentation and configurations are current.
- Work side by side with the Service Delivery Management group for customer consulting, escalations, weekly/monthly cadence calls, disaster recovery testing, etc.
- Assist Infrastructure Administrators with server builds and configuration changes, as necessary
- Work with our Support Engineers to troubleshoot and coordinate Incident resolution or workaround as it pertains to services, software, and systems
- Participate on Bridge calls involving Major Incident involving Severity 1 and 2 events
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware and Hyper-V
- Coordination and implementation of system solutions for customers using technologies that meet their needs and industry standards
- Working directly with senior technical engineers to implement new technologies and best practices through our diverse customers environments
- Minor project work as required for new or existing customers including new infrastructure hardware, software, and cloud solutions
- Communicating with customers as required: keeping them informed of progress related to enhancements or individual incident activities
What You Need for the Position:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server products – Windows 2016, 2019, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Provide engineering design and architecture support to provide enterprise-level solutions using physical and virtual networking technologies, server hosting, and storage solutions
- Expert with Windows Server 2012/2016 platform
- Expert with Active Directory design, implementation, administration. Group Policy, DNS, DHCP
- Expert with VMWare 6.0 or higher support & administration. Strong exposure to virtualization
- Experience with NetScaler’s a plus
- Expert with Microsoft Windows 10 Operating Systems and Microsoft Office 2010/2016 Expert with Office 365 Suite
- Experience with SharePoint or a document management system such as IT Glue is a plus
- Experience with enterprise SAN and NAS configurations
- Experience with Cisco switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion protection system (IPS)
- Experience with administration & support of Exchange 2016 Server and Exchange in the Cloud Experience scripting with Windows (PowerShell)
- Experience Windows patch management. Experience with Security, Backup and Disaster Recovery strategies, such as Veeam, Zerto, Avamar
- Experience with managing a server room environment- running cabling, racking servers & network equipment
- Functional knowledge of core networking concepts including TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, routers, switches, firewalls, load balancing, VLAN segmentation, etc.
- Participate in Tier 2/3 help desk support
- Participate in an on-call emergency rotation
- Ability to manage multiple issues across multiple sites
- Experience working in a multi-site environment handling tickets and ensuring their completion
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, stay organized, and effectively handle shifting priorities in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to think creatively and demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Strong working knowledge of IT system fundamentals
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, as well as accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to provide timely feedback related to customer service
- Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups
- Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration, and negotiation skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently
- Previous MSP experience a plus
- ConnectWise knowledge a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 5 years of experience as a Systems Administrator or Systems Engineer role
- ITIL foundation expertise relating to Incident, Change, and Problem Management
- Citrix and VMware understanding a plus
- Ability to work outside of standard business hours
- Full-time employment, exempt role
- Must have authorization to work lawfully in the United States
- Must pass pre-employment background clearances
Please feel free to email us at email@example.com with your resume and cover note that includes 1) the role you are interested in filling, 2) why you are interested in making a career move to SSI, and 3) why you think you are a strong fit for the role and company.
Thank you for your interest in our company.